- The Foothills Trail is a 76-mile (122 km) National Recreation Trail in South and North Carolina, United States, for sporting climbing and hiking. It stretches out from Table Rock State Park to Oconee State Park. It goes through the Andrew Pickens Ranger District of the Sumter National Forest, Ellicott Rock Wilderness, Whitewater Falls, and Lake Jocassee.
- The boink U.S. Backwoods Service fabricated the part in the Sumter National Forest beginning in 1968. Duke Power Company fabricated the center piece of the path as a sporting asset related to its Bad Creek siphoned capacity hydroelectric venture. The path is kept up with by the Foothills Trail Conference.
- Table Rock State Park to Sassafras Mountain is a 8.8-mile (14.2 km) segment of the path that climbs north of 2,300 feet (700 m). It passes close to top of Pinnacle Mountain and finishes close to the pinnacle of Sassafras Mountain. There is a prod trail at Sassafras Mountain to Caesars Head State Park depicted underneath.
- Sassafras Mountain to Chimneytop Gap is a 2.7-mile (4.3 km) part of the path. It goes over the pinnacle of Sassafras Mountain, dives around 1,000 feet (300 m), and closures at Chimneytop Gap.
- Chimneytop Gap to Laurel Valley is a 2.1-mile (3.4 km) segment of the path that slides around 800 feet (200 m) and finishes close to U.S. Interstate 178. There is a prod trail toward the Eastatoe Gorge Natural Area that is portrayed underneath.
- Tree Valley to Laurel Fork Falls is a 8.1-mile (13.0 km) segment of the path that rises around 800 feet (200 m), then drops around 1,200 feet (400 m), and finishes at Lower Fork Falls. There are various scaffolds on the path that cross Laurel Fork Creek. At Laurel Fork Falls, there is a boat admittance to Lake Jocassee.
- Shrub Fork Falls to Canebrake is a 5.8-mile (9.3 km) part of the path that has steep risings and plunges. It crosses into North Carolina. There is a boat admittance to Lake Jocassee at Canebrake.
- Canebrake to Bad Creek Access is a 16.4-mile (26.4 km) segment of the path that has steep risings and plunges. There are foot spans crossing the Toxaway River, the Thompson River, and Bearcat Creek. It crosses once again into South Carolina. At the Bad Creek Access, there are two short prod trails to Lower Whitewater Falls Overlook and the Bad Creek Visitors Center.
- Terrible Creek Access to Upper Whitewater Falls is a 2.3-mile (3.7 km) segment of the path. Quite a bit of it matches the Whitewater River. It crosses once more into North Carolina. There is net climb of around 800 feet (200 m).
- Upper Whitewater Falls to Sloan Bridge is a 5.5-mile (8.9 km) part of the path that crosses into North Carolina and back into South Carolina. It closes at SC Highway 107.
- Sloan Bridge to Fish Hatchery Road is a 3.3-mile (5.3 km) segment of the path that beginnings at SC Highway 107 and closes at Fish Hatchery Road. There is an other path, which is depicted beneath, from Sloan Bridge to rejoin the Foothills Trail at the Chattooga Trail crossing point.
- Fish Hatchery Road to Burrell's Ford Road is a 3.9-mile (6.3 km) part of the path plummets into the Chattooga River gorge. The last piece of this trail meets the Chattooga Trail. It end at Burrell's Ford camping area. There is a net plummet of around 800 feet (200 m).
- Burrell's Ford Road to Cheohee Road is a 10.4-mile (16.7 km) part of the path that matches the Chattooga River. It converges the Bartram Trail, which interfaces with the Appalachian Trail. The path rises from the Chattooga River back to SC Highway 107.
- Cheohee Road to Jumping Branch Trailhead is a short 1.4-mile (2.3 km) segment of the path that movements east of SC Highway 107 and twists back to this thruway.
- Hopping Branch Trailhead to Oconee State Park is a 4.6-mile (7.4 km) segment of the path goes from SC Highway 107 to the path's end at Oconee State Park.
- Sassafras Mountain to Caesars Head State Park is a 14.2 miles (22.9 km) trail that goes through Headwaters State Forest and finishes at U.S. Expressway 276. There is another path associating with Jones Gap State Park.
- Eastatoe Gorge Spur is a 2.3 miles (3.7 km) impasse spike that goes into the Eastatoe Gorge Natural Area.
- Fork Mountain Trail is a 12.2 miles (19.6 km) long, backup way to go from Sloan Bridge that rejoins the Foothills Trail over Burrell's Ford. A segment of the path matches the Chattooga River in the Ellicott Rock Wilderness. The path passes by Ellicott's Rock, which is on the Chattooga River.
- Jocasse Gorges Passage of the Palmetto Trail. At Table Rock State Park, there is a 12.5 miles (20.1 km) long segment of the Palmetto Trail and goes west into Jocassee Gorges.
- Oconee Passage of the Palmetto Trail. At Oconee State Park, there is a 3.2 miles (5.1 km) long segment of the Palmetto Trail that goes east toward Oconee Station State Historic Site.
Run In Greenville, SC Location
Run In Simpsonville, SC Location
Locations and Hours
Run In Greenville
1301 E. Washington St.
Greenville, SC 29607
Monday-Friday 11 am-7 pm
Saturday 10 am-5 pm
Sunday 12 pm-5 pm
Run In Simpsonville
102 E. Curtis St.
Simpsonville, SC 29681
Monday - Closed
Tuesday-Friday 11 am-7 pm
Saturday 10 am-5 pm
Sunday 12 pm-5 pm